Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Myspace...So Over It

I only have a few real life friends, I can probably count them on one hand.
Otherwise, I have hundreds of 'other' friends. Mostly friends from being in this business and friends who are moms that have children born the same month as my oldest daughter. but they are 98% Internet-based. Myspace enhances those friendships, but certainly aren't the cause of them. I hear about reps talking about how they get tons of party and rep leads through myspace all the time. I never did. Maybe I didn't take the time to add enough friends. Was 800 enough? Or maybe I didn't get to wish everyone Happy Birthday when their Birthday came around, or I didn't post Happy Humpday comments.

So, when my myspace page was deleted last week, I didn't sweat it. I put some work into glamming it up and making it look pretty. Had my team members as my top 28. So, I went through 3 email circles with myspace to help get my page back up. Nothing. Luckily, I was able to register again and choose my same URL. www.myspace.com/tristatepleasure
As to why I was deleted, I guess I'll never know because for one, I never got a warning if I did something wrong. And two, Myspace won't answer me. So, I've come to the conclusion that I was either deleted because a certain company that I used to be with whose name I will refrain from using in fear that they will get this blog deleted had myspace remove me, because I had their name in my Past Companies. October 2004-October 2006. OR it was a glitch. Usually myspace glitches are fixed quickly, my page was gone for a week. I never mass spammed on myspace or anything. I did well with reporting the real spammers, I hate spam. (see other post)

I have the codes from my old myspace page. But because myspace warps the links and image urls, I basically have to re-enter those all over again. Which takes concentration and time. Something I'm not going to stress about. After all, it's just myspace, right? As long as I have a page, I'm fine. Ryze or linkedin is the real deal for professionals, so I may be better off putting time into that. I'll just have my handful of friends on myspace, including the ones from elementary school and college who found me again!! Ahhh, the vicious cycle that is myspace.

0 comments: