Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thoughts of Success #1 - Doesn't It Feel Good to Pay Less?

I'm thinking about March 06 when I went to a convention with the company I was previously with. (still trying to figure out if I can legally use the name here) It WAS pretty awesome, and magical and big... Me with my badge that said "Executive Manager". Feeling all proud!

Let me tell you something!! On awards night, my gown was borrowed and my shoes were from Payless. I believe I paid 14.99, which is quite high for a pair of shoes from payless. They were black velvet wedge sandals with rhinestones along the toe strap. Pretty fancy I must say! While waiting backstage in the cattle line to say my name and state for achieving Executive Manager, I noticed 2 others wearing the same shoes!! I wasn't embarrassed nor uncomfortable. I was with the company for a year and a half at that point and was thinking about how hard I worked my ass off to be able to be on a line with a hundred or so other consultants (2 with the same exact shoes on as me) to say my name and state in front of 1500 other consultants. As an Executive Manager..and here is where my vent begins...I had, at the time of convention, 9 on my first level and 2 and my second level. All but maybe 2 or 3 were really active, as in attempting to take on my duplication efforts. My bonus checks were not what I wanted or dreamed of, which was well over the $1000 mark. I had enough in my bonus check to cover a bill that month..maybe.

So here I am on a Saturday night, about 18 months later, ready to go out, wearing my black Payless sandals. They are really comfortable!! The difference is, I am 9 days after my 1 year anniversary with For Your Pleasure. My team has hit 100 consultants this month. I had 2 parties this weekend, 2 parties last weekend. 3 parties next weekend. Like they say!! If the shoes fit...wear 'em!! There IS a company for everyone. Next year's For Your Pleasure convention, they will be awarding winners for 2007 and I will be wearing a gown, probably second hand or from TJ Maxx and shoes, probably from payless... getting my awards and cash :) . And I'll feel like a million bucks because of all the money I have saved (we need a house!!) from spending less, from not paying for hostess credits, not having a merchant account, not shipping myself, being able to be my own hostess and get hostess credits, taking advantage of hostess exclusives and specials (75% off!), winning simple incentives, being able to handle my money better by having more of it, selling more due to a broader product line, never having website issues, never dealing with advertising restrictions...

Doesn't it feel good to Pay Less?

0 comments: